Scrabble word: DRESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does DRESS exist?
Definitions of DRESS in dictionaries:
- noun - a one-piece garment for a woman
- noun - clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
- noun - clothing in general
- verb - put on clothes
- verb - provide with clothes or put clothes on
- verb - put a finish on
- verb - dress in a certain manner
- verb - dress or groom with elaborate care
- verb - kill and prepare for market or consumption
- verb - arrange in ranks
- verb - decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- verb - provide with decoration
- verb - put a dressing on
- verb - cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- verb - cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width
- verb - convert into leather
- verb - apply a bandage or medication to
- verb - give a neat appearance to
- verb - arrange attractively
- adj - suitable for formal occasions
- adj - (of an occasion) requiring formal clothes
- To put clothes on; clothe.
- To furnish with clothing.
- To decorate or adorn: dress a Christmas tree.
- To arrange a display in: dress a store window.
- To arrange (troops) in ranks; align.
- To apply medication, bandages, or other therapeutic materials to (a wound).
- To arrange and groom (the hair), as by styling, combing, or washing.
- To groom (an animal); curry.
- To cultivate (land or plants).
- To clean (fish or fowl) for cooking or sale.
- To trim and finish the surface of: dress a plank.
- To put on clothes.
- To wear clothes of a certain kind or style: dresses casually.
- To wear formal clothes: dress for dinner.
- To get into proper alignment with others: The troops dressed on the squad leader.
- Clothing; apparel.
- A style of clothing: folk dancers in peasant dress.
- A one-piece outer garment for women or girls.
- Outer covering or appearance; guise: an ancient ritual in modern dress.
- Suitable for formal occasions: dress shoes.
- Requiring formal clothes: a dress dinner.
- To scold; reprimand: I was dressed down by the teacher for lateness.
- To wear informal clothes, befitting an occasion or location: I dressed down for such a casual occasion.
- verb - to put clothes on
There are 5 letters in DRESS: D E R S S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DRESS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DRESS plus a wildcard: DRESS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DRESS
Images for DRESS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.