Scrabble word: COGNATE
Is COGNATE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of COGNATE in dictionaries:
- noun - one related by blood or origin
- noun - a word is cognate with another if both derive from the same word in an ancestral language
- adj - related in nature
- adj - having the same ancestral language
- adj - related by blood
- Related by blood; having a common ancestor.
- Related in origin, as certain words in genetically related languages descended from the same ancestral root; for example, English name and Latin nomen from Indo-European np-men-.
- Related or analogous in nature, character, or function.
- One related by blood or origin with another, especially a person sharing an ancestor with another.
- A word related to one in another language.
- noun - one that is related to another
There are 7 letters in COGNATE: A C E G N O T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to COGNATE
Click to search all anagrams of COGNATE plus a wildcard: COGNATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COGNATE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for COGNATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.