Scrabble word: TENSION
In which Scrabble dictionary does TENSION exist?
Definitions of TENSION in dictionaries:
- noun - (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense
- noun - the physical condition of being stretched or strained
- noun - a balance between and interplay of opposing elements or tendencies (especially in art or literature)
- noun - (physics) a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body
- noun - feelings of hostility that are not manifest
- noun - the action of stretching something tight
- The act or process of stretching something tight.
- The condition of so being stretched; tautness.
- A force tending to stretch or elongate something.
- A measure of such a force: a tension on the cable of 50 pounds.
- The interplay of conflicting elements in a piece of literature, especially a poem.
- Mental, emotional, or nervous strain: working under great tension to make a deadline.
- Barely controlled hostility or a strained relationship between people or groups: the dangerous tension between opposing military powers.
- Uneasy suspense: a comic scene that relieved the tension of the drama.
- A balanced relation between strongly opposing elements: “the continuing, and essential, tension between two of the three branches of government, judicial and legislative” (Haynes Johnson).
- A device for regulating tautness, especially a device that controls the tautness of thread on a sewing machine or loom.
- adj - fully stretched, so as not to be slack
- verb - to bring together in intricate confusion
There are 7 letters in TENSION: E I N N O S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TENSION
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TENSION plus a wildcard: TENSION?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TENSION
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for TENSION
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.