Scrabble word: SHACKLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHACKLE exist?
Definitions of SHACKLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
- noun - a U-shaped bar
- verb - bind the arms of
- verb - restrain with fetters
- A metal fastening, usually one of a pair, for encircling and confining the ankle or wrist of a prisoner or captive; a fetter or manacle.
- A hobble for an animal.
- Any of several devices, such as a clevis, used to fasten or couple.
- A restraint or check to action or progress.
- To confine with shackles; fetter.
- To fasten or connect with a shackle.
- To restrict, confine, or hamper.
- verb - to confine with metal fastenings placed around the wrists or ankles