Scrabble word: SHAKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHAKE exist?
Definitions of SHAKE in dictionaries:
- noun - building material used as siding or roofing
- noun - frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
- noun - a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
- noun - grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
- noun - a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- noun - causing to move repeatedly from side to side
- verb - move or cause to move back and forth
- verb - move with or as if with a tremor
- verb - shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively
- verb - move back and forth or sideways
- verb - undermine or cause to waver
- verb - stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of
- verb - get rid of
- verb - bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking
- verb - shake (a body part) to communicate a greeting, feeling, or cognitive state
- To cause to move to and fro with jerky movements.
- To cause to quiver, tremble, vibrate, or rock.
- To cause to lose stability or waver: a crisis that shook my deepest beliefs.
- To remove or dislodge by jerky movements: shook the dust from the cushions.
- To bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking: “It is not easy to shake one’s heart free of the impression” (John Middleton Murry).
- To get rid of: couldn’t shake the man who was following us.
- To disturb or agitate; unnerve: She was shaken by the news of the disaster.
- To brandish or wave, especially in anger: shake one’s fist.
- To clasp (hands) in greeting or leave-taking or as a sign of agreement.
- To trill (a note).
- To move to and fro in short, irregular, often jerky movements.
- To tremble, as from cold or in anger.
- To be unsteady; totter or waver.
- To move something vigorously up and down or from side to side, as in mixing.
- To trill.
- To shake hands: Let’s shake on it.
- The act of shaking.
- A trembling or quivering movement.
- An earthquake.
- A fissure in rock.
- A crack in timber caused by wind or frost.
- A moment or an instant; a trice: I’ll do it in a shake.
- A trill.
- A beverage in which the ingredients are mixed by shaking.
- Uncontrollable trembling, as in a person who is cold, frightened, feverish, or ill.
- A bargain or deal: getting a fair shake.
- To extort money from.
- To make a thorough search of: shook down the prisoners’ cells for hidden weapons.
- To subject (a new ship or aircraft) to shakedown testing.
- To become acclimated or accustomed, as to a new environment or a new job.
- To upset by or as if by a physical jolt or shock: was badly shaken up by the accident.
- To escape from or get rid of: We managed to give our pursuers the shake.
- To dance.
- To arouse to action or reaction; disturb: “[He] so shook Hollywood’s tree that... all manner of... people called me unsolicited to itemize his mistakes or praise his courage” (Tina Brown).
- adj - to move to and fro with short, rapid movements [v SHOOK, SHAKEN, SHAKING, SHAKES] : SHAKABLE
There are 5 letters in SHAKE: A E H K S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHAKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHAKE plus a wildcard: SHAKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHAKE
Images for SHAKE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.