Scrabble word: HALE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HALE exist?
Definitions of HALE in dictionaries:
- noun - a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British
- noun - United States astronomer who discovered that sunspots are associated with strong magnetic fields (1868-1938)
- noun - prolific United States writer (1822-1909)
- verb - to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"
- verb - draw slowly or heavily
- adj - exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health
- To compel to go: “In short order the human rights campaign was haled before a high court of indignation” (Arthur M.
- To pull, draw, drag, or hoist.
- adj - having good health
- verb - to compel to go