Scrabble word: REPRESENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does REPRESENT exist?
Definitions of REPRESENT in dictionaries:
- verb - take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to
- verb - express indirectly by an image, form, or model
- verb - be representative or typical for
- verb - be a delegate or spokesperson for
- verb - serve as a means of expressing something
- verb - be characteristic of
- verb - form or compose
- verb - be the defense counsel for someone in a trial
- verb - create an image or likeness of
- verb - play a role or part
- verb - perform (a play), especially on a stage
- verb - describe or present, usually with respect to a particular quality
- verb - point out or draw attention to in protest or remonstrance
- verb - bring forward and present to the mind
- verb - to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets)
- To stand for; symbolize: The bald eagle represents the United States.
- To indicate or communicate by signs or symbols: Letters of the alphabet represent sounds.
- To depict in art; portray.
- To describe or present in words; set forth.
- To present clearly to the mind.
- To draw attention to by way of remonstrance or protest: Our parents represented to us the need for greater caution.
- To describe or put forward (a person or thing) as an embodiment of a specified quality.
- To serve as the official and authorized delegate or agent for.
- To act as a spokesperson for.
- To serve as an example of: The museum had several paintings representing the artist’s early style.
- To be the equivalent of.
- To stage (a play, for example); produce.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to render or present a realistic image or likeness of”: a statue representing a king; cave paintings that delineate horses and hunters; a cartoon depicting a sea monster; the personality of a great leader limned in words; a country landscape pictured in soft colors; a book portraying life in the Middle Ages.
- verb - to bring into the presence of someone