Scrabble word: PRETENSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRETENSE exist?
Definitions of PRETENSE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of giving a false appearance
- noun - pretending with intention to deceive
- noun - imaginative intellectual play
- noun - a false or unsupportable quality
- noun - an artful or simulated semblance
- The act of pretending; a false appearance or action intended to deceive.
- A false or studied show; an affectation: a pretense of nonchalance.
- A professed but feigned reason or excuse; a pretext: under false pretenses.
- Something imagined or pretended.
- Mere show without reality; outward appearance.
- A right asserted with or without foundation; a claim.
- The quality or state of being pretentious; ostentation.
- verb - to assume or display a false appearance of