Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FEATHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does FEATHER exist?
Definitions of FEATHER in dictionaries:
- noun - the light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds
- noun - turning an oar parallel to the water between pulls
- verb - join tongue and groove, in carpentry
- verb - cover or fit with feathers
- verb - turn the paddle
- verb - turn the oar, while rowing
- verb - grow feathers
- One of the light, flat growths forming the plumage of birds, consisting of numerous slender, closely arranged parallel barbs forming a vane on either side of a horny, tapering, partly hollow shaft.
- A feathery tuft or fringe of hair, as on the legs or tail of some dogs.
- Character, kind, or nature: Birds of a feather flock together.
- Something small, trivial, or inconsequential.
- A strip, wedge, or flange used as a strengthening part.
- A wedge or key that fits into a groove to make a joint.
- The vane of an arrow.
- A feather-shaped flaw, as in a precious stone.
- The wake made by a submarine’s periscope.
- The act of feathering the blade of an oar in rowing.
- To cover, dress, or decorate with or as if with feathers.
- To fit (an arrow) with a feather.
- To thin, reduce, or fringe the edge of by cutting, shaving, or wearing away.
- To shorten and taper (hair) by cutting and thinning.
- To connect with a tongue-and-groove joint.
- To turn (an oar blade) almost horizontal as it is carried back after each stroke.
- To alter the pitch of (a propeller) so that the chords of the blades are parallel with the line of flight.
- To alter the pitch of (the rotor of a helicoptor) while in forward flight.
- To turn off (an aircraft engine) while in flight.
- To grow feathers or become feathered.
- To move, spread, or grow in a manner suggestive of feathers.
- To feather an oar.
- To feather a propeller.
- verb - to cover with feathers (horny structures that form the principal covering of birds)
There are 7 letters in FEATHER: A E E F H R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FEATHER
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FEATHER plus a wildcard: FEATHER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FEATHER
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for FEATHER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.