Scrabble word: FATHER
In which Scrabble dictionary does FATHER exist?
Definitions of FATHER in dictionaries:
- noun - a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father)
- noun - the founder of a family
- noun - `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church)
- noun - (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine
- noun - a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization
- noun - God when considered as the first person in the Trinity
- noun - a person who founds or establishes some institution
- noun - the head of an organized crime family
- verb - make children
- A man who begets or raises or nurtures a child.
- A male parent of an animal.
- A male ancestor.
- A man who creates, originates, or founds something: Chaucer is considered the father of English poetry.
- An early form; a prototype.
- The first person of the Christian Trinity.
- An elderly or venerable man.
- A member of the senate in ancient Rome.
- One of the leading men, as of a city: the town fathers.
- A church father.
- A priest or clergyman in the Roman Catholic or Anglican churches.
- Used as a title and form of address with or without the clergyman’s name.
- To procreate (offspring) as the male parent.
- To act or serve as a father to (a child).
- To create, found, or originate.
- To acknowledge responsibility for.
- To attribute the paternity, creation, or origin of.
- To act or serve as a father.
- verb - to cause to exist