Scrabble word: CONTINGENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONTINGENT exist?
Definitions of CONTINGENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a gathering of persons representative of some larger group
- noun - a temporary military unit
- adj - possible but not certain to occur
- adj - determined by conditions or circumstances that follow
- adj - uncertain because of uncontrollable circumstances
- Liable to occur but not with certainty; possible.
- See Synonyms at dependent.
- Happening by chance or accident; fortuitous.
- True only under certain conditions; not necessarily or universally true: a contingent proposition.
- An event or condition that is likely but not inevitable.
- A share or quota, as of troops, contributed to a general effort.
- A representative group forming part of an assemblage.