Scrabble word: RHETORIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does RHETORIC exist?
Definitions of RHETORIC in dictionaries:
- noun - using language effectively to please or persuade
- noun - high-flown style
- noun - loud and confused and empty talk
- noun - study of the technique and rules for using language effectively (especially in public speaking)
- The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively.
- A treatise or book discussing this art.
- Skill in using language effectively and persuasively.
- A style of speaking or writing, especially the language of a particular subject: fiery political rhetoric.
- Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous: His offers of compromise were mere rhetoric.
- The word rhetoric was once primarily the name of an important branch of philosophy and an art deserving of serious study.
- noun - the study of effective speech and writing