Scrabble word: INDUSTRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDUSTRY exist?
Definitions of INDUSTRY in dictionaries:
- noun - the people or companies engaged in a particular kind of commercial enterprise
- noun - the organized action of making of goods and services for sale
- noun - persevering determination to perform a task
- Commercial production and sale of goods.
- The sector of an economy made up of manufacturing enterprises: government regulation of industry.
- Industrial management.
- Energetic devotion to a task or an endeavor; diligence: demonstrated great intelligence and industry as a prosecutor.
- Coming from the Latin word industria, meaning “diligent activity directed to some purpose,” and its descendant, Old French industrie, with the senses “activity,” “ability,” and “a trade or occupation,” our word (first recorded in 1475) originally meant “skill,” “a device,” and “diligence” as well as “a trade.
- noun - a group of productive enterprises