Scrabble word: STUD
In which Scrabble dictionary does STUD exist?
Definitions of STUD in dictionaries:
- noun - a man who is virile and sexually active
- noun - ornament consisting of a circular rounded protuberance (as on a vault or shield or belt)
- noun - an upright in house framing
- noun - adult male horse kept for breeding
- noun - poker in which each player receives hole cards and the remainder are dealt face up
- verb - scatter or intersperse like dots or studs
- verb - provide with or construct with studs
- An upright post in the framework of a wall for supporting sheets of lath, wallboard, or similar material.
- A small knob, nail head, or rivet fixed in and slightly projecting from a surface.
- A small ornamental button mounted on a short post for insertion through an eyelet, as on a dress shirt.
- A buttonlike earring mounted on a slender post, as of gold or steel, for wearing in a pierced earlobe.
- Any of various protruding pins or pegs in machinery, used mainly as a support or pivot.
- One of a number of small metal cleats embedded in a snow tire to increase traction on slippery or snowy roads.
- A metal crosspiece used as a brace in a link, as in a chain cable.
- To provide with or construct with studs or a stud.
- To set with studs or a stud: stud a bracelet with rubies.
- To be scattered over: Daisies studded the meadow.
- A group of animals, especially horses, kept for breeding.
- A male animal, such as a stallion, that is kept for breeding.
- A stable or farm where these animals are kept.
- A man regarded as virile and sexually active.
- Stud poker.
- verb - to set thickly with small projections