Scrabble word: DUTY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DUTY exist?
Definitions of DUTY in dictionaries:
- noun - the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force
- noun - work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons
- noun - a government tax on imports or exports
- An act or a course of action that is required of one by position, social custom, law, or religion: Do your duty to your country.
- Moral obligation: acting out of duty.
- The compulsion felt to meet such obligation.
- A service, function, or task assigned to one, especially in the armed forces: hazardous duty.
- The work performed by a machine under specified conditions.
- A measure of efficiency expressed as the amount of work done per unit of energy used.
- The total volume of water required to irrigate a given area in order to cultivate a specific crop until harvest.
- noun - a moral or legal obligation