Scrabble word: STREAK
In which Scrabble dictionary does STREAK exist?
Definitions of STREAK in dictionaries:
- noun - an unbroken series of events
- noun - a distinctive characteristic
- noun - a narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background
- noun - a sudden flash (as of lightning)
- verb - move quickly in a straight line
- verb - run naked in a public place
- verb - mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained
- A line, mark, smear, or band differentiated by color or texture from its surroundings.
- A slight contrasting element; a trace: “There was a streak of wildness in him” (Olga Carlisle).
- A brief run or stretch, as of luck.
- An unbroken series, as of wins or losses.
- The color of the fine powder produced when a mineral is rubbed against a hard surface.
- Any of various viral diseases of plants characterized by the appearance of discolored stripes on the leaves or stems.
- A bacterial culture inoculated by drawing a bacteria-laden needle across the surface of a solid culture medium.
- To mark with streaks: rain streaking the pavement.
- To lighten (strands of hair) with a chemical preparation.
- To inoculate in order to produce a streak.
- To form streaks.
- To be or become streaked.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “an intermixture of an unexpected quality, as in a person’s character”: a streak of humor; a strain of melancholy; a vein of stubbornness.
- verb - to cover with streaks (long, narrow marks)