Scrabble word: STAKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAKE exist?
Definitions of STAKE in dictionaries:
- noun - (law) a right or legal share of something
- noun - a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track)
- noun - instrument of execution consisting of a vertical post that a victim is tied to for burning
- noun - the money risked on a gamble
- noun - a strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
- verb - put at risk
- verb - place a bet on
- verb - mark with a stake
- verb - tie or fasten to a stake
- verb - kill by piercing with a spear or sharp pole
- A piece of wood or metal pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a marker, fence pole, or tent peg.
- A vertical post to which an offender is bound for execution by burning.
- Execution by burning.
- A vertical post secured in a socket at the edge of a platform, as on a truck bed, to help retain the load.
- A territorial division consisting of a group of wards under the jurisdiction of a president.
- Often stakes.
- Money or property risked in a wager or gambling game.
- The prize awarded the winner of a contest or race.
- A race offering a prize to the winner, especially a horserace in which the prize consists of money contributed equally by the horse owners.
- A share or an interest in an enterprise, especially a financial share.
- Personal interest or involvement: a stake in her children’s future.
- A grubstake.
- To mark the location or limits of with or as if with stakes: stake out a claim.
- To claim as one’s own: staked out a place for herself in industry.
- To fasten, secure, or support with a stake or stakes.
- To tether or tie to a stake.
- To gamble or risk; hazard.
- To provide working capital for; finance.
- To assign (a police officer, for example) to an area to conduct surveillance.
- To keep under surveillance.
- verb - to fasten with a stake (a pointed piece of wood or metal)
There are 5 letters in STAKE: A E K S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STAKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STAKE plus a wildcard: STAKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STAKE
Images for STAKE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.