Scrabble word: STAKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAKE exist?
Definitions of STAKE in dictionaries:
- noun - (law) a right or legal share of something
- noun - a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track)
- noun - instrument of execution consisting of a vertical post that a victim is tied to for burning
- noun - the money risked on a gamble
- noun - a strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
- verb - put at risk
- verb - place a bet on
- verb - mark with a stake
- verb - tie or fasten to a stake
- verb - kill by piercing with a spear or sharp pole
- A piece of wood or metal pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a marker, fence pole, or tent peg.
- A vertical post to which an offender is bound for execution by burning.
- Execution by burning.
- A vertical post secured in a socket at the edge of a platform, as on a truck bed, to help retain the load.
- A territorial division consisting of a group of wards under the jurisdiction of a president.
- Often stakes.
- Money or property risked in a wager or gambling game.
- The prize awarded the winner of a contest or race.
- A race offering a prize to the winner, especially a horserace in which the prize consists of money contributed equally by the horse owners.
- A share or an interest in an enterprise, especially a financial share.
- Personal interest or involvement: a stake in her children’s future.
- A grubstake.
- To mark the location or limits of with or as if with stakes: stake out a claim.
- To claim as one’s own: staked out a place for herself in industry.
- To fasten, secure, or support with a stake or stakes.
- To tether or tie to a stake.
- To gamble or risk; hazard.
- To provide working capital for; finance.
- To assign (a police officer, for example) to an area to conduct surveillance.
- To keep under surveillance.
- verb - to fasten with a stake (a pointed piece of wood or metal)