Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SPREAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPREAD exist?
Definitions of SPREAD in dictionaries:
- noun - process or result of distributing or extending over a wide expanse of space
- noun - a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures
- noun - farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle)
- noun - a haphazard distribution in all directions
- noun - a tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers or used in preparing other dishes
- noun - a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed
- noun - two facing pages of a book or other publication
- noun - the expansion of a person's girth (especially at middle age)
- noun - decorative cover for a bed
- noun - act of extending over a wider scope or expanse of space or time
- verb - distribute or disperse widely
- verb - become distributed or widespread
- verb - spread across or over
- verb - spread out or open from a closed or folded state
- verb - cause to become widely known
- verb - become widely known and passed on
- verb - strew or distribute over an area
- verb - move outward
- verb - cover by spreading something over
- verb - distribute over a surface in a layer
- adj - distributed or spread over a considerable extent
- adj - prepared or arranged for a meal
- adj - fully extended in width
- To open to a fuller extent or width; stretch: spread out the tablecloth; a bird spreading its wings.
- To make wider the gap between; move farther apart: spread her fingers.
- To distribute over a surface in a layer: spread varnish on the steps.
- To cover with a layer: spread a cracker with butter.
- To distribute widely: The tornado spread destruction.
- To make a wide or extensive arrangement of: We spread the bicycle parts out on the floor.
- To exhibit or display the full extent of: the scene that was spread before us.
- To cause to become widely seen or known; scatter or disseminate: spread the news; spread the beam of the flashlight.
- To prepare (a table) for eating; set.
- To arrange (food or a meal) on a table.
- To flatten (a rivet end, for example) by pounding.
- To be extended or enlarged.
- To become distributed or widely dispersed.
- To increase in range of occurrence; become known or prevalent over a wide area: The word spread fast.
- To be exhibited, displayed, or visible in broad or full extent: the vista spread seemingly to infinity.
- To become or admit of being distributed in a layer.
- To become separated; be forced farther apart.
- The act of spreading.
- Dissemination, as of news; diffusion.
- An open area of land; an expanse.
- A ranch, a farm, or an estate.
- The extent or limit to which something is or can be spread; range.
- A cloth covering for a bed, table, or other piece of furniture.
- An abundant meal laid out on a table.
- A food to be spread on bread or crackers.
- Two facing pages of a magazine or newspaper, often with related matter extending across the fold.
- A story or advertisement running across two or more columns of a magazine or newspaper.
- A difference, as between two figures or totals.
- A position taken in two or more options or futures contracts in order to profit from a change in their relative prices.
- The difference between the price asked and bid for a particular security.
- verb - to open or expand over a larger area
There are 6 letters in SPREAD: A D E P R S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SPREAD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SPREAD plus a wildcard: SPREAD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SPREAD
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SPREAD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.