Scrabble word: INSTITUTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does INSTITUTION exist?
Definitions of INSTITUTION in dictionaries:
- noun - an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- noun - an establishment consisting of a building or complex of buildings where an organization for the promotion of some cause is situated
- noun - a custom that for a long time has been an important feature of some group or society
- noun - the act of starting something for the first time
- noun - a hospital for mentally incompetent or unbalanced person
- The act of instituting.
- A custom, practice, relationship, or behavioral pattern of importance in the life of a community or society: the institutions of marriage and the family.
- An established organization or foundation, especially one dedicated to education, public service, or culture.
- The building or buildings housing such an organization.
- A place for the care of persons who are destitute, disabled, or mentally ill.