Scrabble word: NOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does NOUS exist?
Definitions of NOUS in dictionaries:
- noun - common sense
- noun - that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings
- Reason and knowledge as opposed to sense perception.
- The rational part of the individual human soul.
- The principle of the cosmic mind or soul responsible for the rational order of the cosmos.
- In Stoicism, the equivalent of Logos.
- In Neo-Platonism, the image of the absolute good, containing the cosmos of intelligible beings.
- Good sense; shrewdness: “Hillela had the nous to take up with the General when he was on the up-and-up again” (Nadine Gordimer).
- noun - mind, reason, or intellect