Scrabble word: UNION
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNION exist?
Definitions of UNION in dictionaries:
- noun - an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
- noun - the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
- noun - the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes
- noun - the state of being joined or united or linked
- noun - the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce)
- noun - healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
- noun - a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations
- noun - a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
- noun - the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts
- noun - a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- noun - the act of making or becoming a single unit
- adj - being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
- adj - of trade unions
- The act of uniting or the state of being united.
- A combination so formed, especially an alliance or confederation of people, parties, or political entities for mutual interest or benefit.
- A set, every member of which is an element of one or another of two or more given sets.
- Agreement or harmony resulting from the uniting of individuals; concord.
- The state of matrimony; marriage: “The element that was to make possible such a union was trust in each other’s love” (Kate Chopin).
- Sexual intercourse.
- A combination of parishes for joint administration of relief for the poor in Great Britain.
- A workhouse maintained by such a union.
- A labor union.
- A coupling device for connecting parts, such as pipes or rods.
- A device on a flag or an ensign, occupying the upper inner corner or the entire field, that signifies the union of two or more sovereignties.
- An organization at a college or university that provides facilities for recreation; a student union.
- A building housing such facilities.
- Of or relating to a labor union or labor union organizing: the union movement; union negotiations.
- noun - a number of persons, parties, or political entities united for a common purpose