Scrabble word: IMMEDIATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMMEDIATE exist?
Definitions of IMMEDIATE in dictionaries:
- adj - of the present time and place
- adj - very close or connected in space or time
- adj - having no intervening medium
- adj - immediately before or after as in a chain of cause and effect
- adj - performed with little or no delay
- Occurring at once; instant: gave me an immediate response.
- Of or near the present time: in the immediate future.
- Of or relating to the present time and place; current: “It is probable that, apart from the most immediate, pragmatic, technical revisions, the writer’s effort to detach himself from his work is quixotic” (Joyce Carol Oates).
- Next in line or relation: is an immediate successor to the president of the company.
- Directly apprehended or perceived: had immediate awareness of the scope of the crisis.
- Acting or occurring without the interposition of another agency or object; direct.