Scrabble word: IMAM
In which Scrabble dictionary does IMAM exist?
Definitions of IMAM in dictionaries:
- noun - (Islam) the man who leads prayers in a mosque
- In law and theology, the caliph who is successor to Mohammed as the lawful supreme leader of the Islamic community.
- The male prayer leader in a mosque.
- The Muslim worshiper who leads the recitation of prayer when two or more worshipers are present.
- A male leader regarded by Shiites as a descendant of Mohammed divinely appointed to guide human beings.
- An earthly representative of the 12 such leaders recognized by the majority form of Shiism.
- A ruler claiming descent from Mohammed and exercising authority in an Islamic state.
- Any one of the founders of the four schools of law and theology.
- An authoritative scholar who founds a school of law or theology.
- Used as a title for such a man.
- noun - a Muslim priest