Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: MEASURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MEASURE exist?
Definitions of MEASURE in dictionaries:
- noun - any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal
- noun - how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- noun - a statute in draft before it becomes law
- noun - the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
- noun - a basis for comparison
- noun - (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun - musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats
- noun - measuring instrument having a sequence of marks at regular intervals
- noun - a container of some standard capacity that is used to obtain fixed amounts of a substance
- verb - determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of
- verb - express as a number or measure or quantity
- verb - have certain dimensions
- verb - evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- Dimensions, quantity, or capacity as ascertained by comparison with a standard.
- A reference standard or sample used for the quantitative comparison of properties: The standard kilogram is maintained as a measure of mass.
- A unit specified by a scale, such as an inch, or by variable conditions, such as a day’s march.
- A system of measurement, such as the metric system.
- A device used for measuring.
- The act of measuring.
- An evaluation or a basis of comparison: “the final measure of the worth of a society” (Joseph Wood Krutch).
- Extent or degree: The problem was in large measure caused by his carelessness.
- A definite quantity that has been measured out: a measure of wine.
- A fitting amount: a measure of recognition.
- A limited amount or degree: a measure of good-will.
- Limit; bounds: generosity knowing no measure.
- Appropriate restraint; moderation: “The union of... fervor with measure, passion with correctness, this surely is the ideal” (William James).
- Often measures.
- A legislative bill or enactment.
- Poetic meter.
- The metric unit between two bars on the staff; a bar.
- To ascertain the dimensions, quantity, or capacity of: measured the height of the ceiling.
- To mark, lay out, or establish dimensions for by measuring: measure off an area.
- To estimate by evaluation or comparison: “I gave them an account... of the situation as far as I could measure it” (Winston S.
- To bring into comparison: She measured her power with that of a dangerous adversary.
- To mark off or apportion, usually with reference to a given unit of measurement: measure out a pint of milk.
- To allot or distribute as if by measuring; mete: The revolutionary tribunal measured out harsh justice.
- To serve as a measure of: The inch measures length.
- To consider or choose with care; weigh: He measures his words with caution.
- To travel over: “We must measure twenty miles today” (Shakespeare).
- To have a measurement of: The room measures 12 by 20 feet.
- To take a measurement.
- To allow of measurement: White sugar measures more easily than brown.
- To be the equal of.
- To have the necessary qualifications: a candidate who just didn’t measure up.
- In excess.
- Without limit.
- verb - to ascertain the dimensions, quantity, or capacity of
There are 7 letters in MEASURE: A E E M R S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MEASURE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MEASURE plus a wildcard: MEASURE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MEASURE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for MEASURE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.