Scrabble word: ALIENATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALIENATE exist?
Definitions of ALIENATE in dictionaries:
- verb - arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness
- verb - transfer property or ownership
- verb - make withdrawn or isolated or emotionally dissociated
- To cause to become withdrawn or unresponsive; isolate or dissociate emotionally: The numbing labor tended to alienate workers.
- To cause to be transferred; turn away: “He succeeded... in alienating the affections of my only ward” (Oscar Wilde).
- To transfer (property or a right) to the ownership of another, especially by an act of the owner rather than by inheritance.
- verb - to make indifferent or unfriendly