Scrabble word: WITNESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does WITNESS exist?
Definitions of WITNESS in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who sees an event and reports what happened
- noun - a close observer
- noun - testimony by word or deed to your religious faith
- noun - (law) a person who attests to the genuineness of a document or signature by adding their own signature
- noun - (law) a person who testifies under oath in a court of law
- verb - be a witness to
- verb - perceive or be contemporaneous with
- One who can give a firsthand account of something seen, heard, or experienced: a witness to the accident.
- One who furnishes evidence.
- Something that serves as evidence; a sign.
- One who is called on to testify before a court.
- One who is called on to be present at a transaction in order to attest to what takes place.
- One who signs one’s name to a document for the purpose of attesting to its authenticity.
- An attestation to a fact, a statement, or an event; testimony.
- To be present at or have personal knowledge of.
- To take note of; observe.
- To provide or serve as evidence of.
- To testify to; bear witness.
- To be the setting or site of: This old auditorium has witnessed many ceremonies.
- To attest to the legality or authenticity of by signing one’s name to.
- To furnish or serve as evidence; testify.
- To testify to one’s religious beliefs.
- verb - to see or know by personal experience