Scrabble word: WIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does WIT exist?
Definitions of WIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
- noun - mental ability
- noun - a witty amusing person who makes jokes
- The natural ability to perceive and understand; intelligence.
- Often wits.
- The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously humorous manner the relationship between seemingly incongruous or disparate things: “Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words” (Dorothy Parker).
- One noted for this ability, especially one skilled in repartee.
- These nouns are compared as they denote forms of expression that elicit amusement or laughter.
- To be or become aware of; learn.
- adj - to have a true understanding of [v KNEW, KNOWN, KNOWING, KNOWS] : KNOWABLE