Scrabble word: WAIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAIT exist?
Definitions of WAIT in dictionaries:
- noun - time during which some action is awaited
- noun - the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something)
- verb - stay in one place and anticipate or expect something
- verb - wait before acting
- verb - look forward to the probable occurrence of
- verb - serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant
- To tarry until another catches up.
- To remain or be in readiness: lunch waiting on the table.
- To remain temporarily neglected, unattended to, or postponed: The trip will have to wait.
- To work as a waiter or waitress.
- To remain or stay in expectation of; await: wait one’s turn.
- To delay (a meal or an event); postpone: They waited lunch for us.
- To be a waiter or waitress at: wait tables.
- The act of waiting or the time spent waiting.
- Chiefly British.
- One of a group of musicians employed, usually by a city, to play in parades or public ceremonies.
- One of a group of musicians or carolers who perform in the streets at Christmastime.
- To serve the needs of; be in attendance on.
- To make a formal call on; visit.
- To follow as a result; depend on.
- To await: They’re waiting on my decision.
- To postpone going to bed in anticipation of something or someone.
- To stop or pause so that another can catch up: Let’s wait up for the stragglers.
- verb - to stay in expectation of
There are 4 letters in WAIT: A I T W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WAIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WAIT plus a wildcard: WAIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WAIT
Images for WAIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.