Scrabble word: TERRACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TERRACE exist?
Definitions of TERRACE in dictionaries:
- noun - usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence
- noun - a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- noun - a row of houses built in a similar style and having common dividing walls (or the street on which they face)
- verb - provide (a house) with a terrace
- verb - make into terraces as for cultivation
- A porch or walkway bordered by colonnades.
- A platform extending outdoors from a floor of a house or an apartment building.
- An open, often paved area adjacent to a house serving as an outdoor living space; a patio.
- A raised bank of earth having vertical or sloping sides and a flat top: turning a hillside into a series of ascending terraces for farming.
- A flat, narrow stretch of ground, often having a steep slope facing a river, lake, or sea.
- A row of buildings erected on raised ground or on a sloping site.
- A section of row houses.
- A residential street on top of or climbing a slope.
- A narrow strip of landscaped earth in the middle of a street.
- To provide (a house, for example) with a terrace or terraces.
- To form (a hillside or sloping lawn, for example) into terraces.
- verb - to provide with a terrace (a raised embankment)