Scrabble word: REPULSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REPULSE exist?
Definitions of REPULSE in dictionaries:
- noun - an instance of driving away or warding off
- verb - force or drive back
- verb - be repellent to
- verb - cause to move back by force or influence
- To drive back; repel.
- To rebuff or reject with rudeness, coldness, or denial.
- Usage Problem.
- The act of repulsing or the state of being repulsed.
- A number of critics have maintained that repulse should only be used to mean “to drive away, spurn,” as in He rudely repulsed their overtures, and not to mean “to cause repulsion in,” as in Their hypocrisy repulsed me.
- verb - to drive back