Scrabble word: MANEUVER
In which Scrabble dictionary does MANEUVER exist?
Definitions of MANEUVER in dictionaries:
- noun - a military training exercise
- noun - a plan for attaining a particular goal
- noun - a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill
- noun - a move made to gain a tactical end
- noun - an action aimed at evading an opponent
- verb - direct the course
- verb - act in order to achieve a certain goal
- verb - perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
- A strategic or tactical military or naval movement.
- Often maneuvers.
- A controlled change in movement or direction of a moving vehicle or vessel, as in the flight path of an aircraft.
- A movement or procedure involving skill and dexterity.
- A strategic action undertaken to gain an end.
- Artful handling of affairs that is often marked by scheming and deceit.
- To carry out a military or naval maneuver.
- To make a controlled series of changes in movement or direction toward an objective: maneuvered to get closer to the stage.
- To shift ground; change tactics: The opposition had no room in which to maneuver.
- To use stratagems in gaining an end.
- To alter the tactical placement of (troops or warships).
- To direct through a series of movements or changes in course: maneuvered the car through traffic.
- See Synonyms at manipulate.
- verb - to change the position of for a specific purpose