Scrabble word: INTRIGUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INTRIGUE exist?
Definitions of INTRIGUE in dictionaries:
- noun - a crafty and involved plot to achieve your (usually sinister) ends
- noun - a clandestine love affair
- verb - cause to be interested or curious
- verb - form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
- A secret or underhand scheme; a plot.
- The practice of or involvement in such schemes.
- To engage in secret or underhand schemes; plot.
- To effect by secret scheming or plotting.
- The introduction of the verb intrigue to mean “to arouse the interest or curiosity of” was initially resisted by writers on usage as an unneeded French substitute for available English words such as interest, fascinate, or puzzle, but it now appears to be well established.
- verb - to arouse the curiosity of