Scrabble word: GRATING
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRATING exist?
Definitions of GRATING in dictionaries:
- noun - a barrier that has parallel or crossed bars blocking a passage but admitting air
- noun - a frame of iron bars to hold a fire
- noun - optical device consisting of a surface with many parallel grooves in it
- verb - furnish with a grate
- verb - gnaw into
- verb - reduce to small shreds or pulverize by rubbing against a rough or sharp perforated surface
- verb - make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- verb - scratch repeatedly
- adj - unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- A grill or network of bars set in a window or door or used as a partition; a grate.
- A diffraction grating.
- noun - a network of bars covering an opening