Scrabble word: OBSERVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OBSERVE exist?
Definitions of OBSERVE in dictionaries:
- verb - discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- verb - make mention of
- verb - observe with care or pay close attention to
- verb - watch attentively
- verb - show respect towards
- verb - behave as expected during of holidays or rites
- verb - follow with the eyes or the mind
- verb - stick to correctly or closely
- verb - conform one's action or practice to
- To be or become aware of, especially through careful and directed attention; notice.
- To watch attentively: observe a child’s behavior.
- To make a systematic or scientific observation of: observe the orbit of the moon.
- To say casually; remark.
- To adhere to or abide by: observe the terms of a contract.
- To keep or celebrate (a holiday, for example): observe an anniversary.
- To take notice.
- To say something; make a comment or remark.
- These verbs are compared as they mean to give proper heed to or show proper reverence for something, such as a rule, custom, or holiday.
- verb - to look attentively