Scrabble word: GALLERY
In which Scrabble dictionary does GALLERY exist?
Definitions of GALLERY in dictionaries:
- noun - spectators at a golf or tennis match
- noun - a porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed)
- noun - a room or series of rooms where works of art are exhibited
- noun - a long usually narrow room used for some specific purpose
- noun - a covered corridor (especially one extending along the wall of a building and supported with arches or columns)
- noun - narrow recessed balcony area along an upper floor on the interior of a building
- noun - a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
- A roofed promenade, especially one extending along the wall of a building and supported by arches or columns on the outer side.
- A long enclosed passage, such as a hallway or corridor.
- A narrow balcony, usually having a railing or balustrade, along the outside of a building.
- A projecting or recessed passageway along an upper story on the interior or exterior of a large building, especially a church, generally marked by a colonnade or an arcade.
- An upper section, often with a sloping floor, projecting from the rear or side walls of a theater or an auditorium to provide additional seating.
- The seats in such a section, usually cheaper than those on the main floor.
- The cheapest seats in a theater, generally those of the uppermost gallery.
- The audience occupying a gallery or cheap section of a theater.
- A large audience or group of spectators, as at a tennis or golf match.
- The general public, usually considered as exemplifying a lack of discrimination or sophistication: accused the administration of playing to the gallery on the defense issue.
- A building, an institution, or a room for the exhibition of artistic work.
- An establishment that displays and sells works of art.
- A photographer’s studio.
- A collection; an assortment: The trial featured a gallery of famous and flamboyant witnesses.
- An underground tunnel or passageway, as in a cave or one dug for military or mining purposes.
- A passage made by a tunneling insect or animal.
- A platform or balcony at the stern or quarters of some early sailing ships.
- A decorative upright trimming or molding along the edge of a table top, tray, or shelf.
- verb - to provide with a long covered area