Scrabble word: RALLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does RALLY exist?
Definitions of RALLY in dictionaries:
- noun - a large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm
- noun - the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort
- noun - a marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness
- noun - an automobile race run over public roads
- noun - (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes
- verb - gather
- verb - call to arms
- verb - gather or bring together
- verb - return to a former condition
- verb - harass with persistent criticism or carping
- To call together for a common purpose; assemble: rally troops at a parade ground.
- To reassemble and restore to order: rally scattered forces.
- To rouse or revive from inactivity or decline: paused to refresh themselves and rally their strength.
- To come together for a common purpose.
- To join in an effort for a common cause: “In the terror and confusion of change, society rallied round the kings” (Garrett Mattingly).
- To recover abruptly from a setback or disadvantage: The stock market declined, then rallied.
- To show sudden improvement in health or spirits.
- To exchange several strokes before a point is won, as in tennis.
- A gathering, especially one intended to inspire enthusiasm for a cause: a political rally.
- A reassembling, as of dispersed troops.
- The signal ordering this reassembly.
- An abrupt recovery from a setback or disadvantage.
- A sharp improvement in health, vigor, or spirits.
- A notable rise in stock market prices and trading volume after a decline.
- An exchange of several strokes, before a point is won, as in tennis.
- A competition in which automobiles are driven over public roads and under normal traffic regulations but with specified rules as to speed, time, and route.
- To tease goodhumoredly; banter.
- verb - to call together for a common purpose