Scrabble word: ALLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALLY exist?
Definitions of ALLY in dictionaries:
- noun - a friendly nation
- noun - an associate who provides cooperation or assistance
- verb - become an ally or associate, as by a treaty or marriage
- To place in a friendly association, as by treaty: Italy allied itself with Germany during World War II.
- To enter into an alliance: Several tribes allied to fend off the invaders.
- One that is allied with another, especially by treaty: entered the war as an ally of France.
- The nations allied against the Central Powers of Europe during World War I.
- The nations, primarily Great Britain, France, the Soviet Union, and the United States, allied against the Axis during World War II.
- verb - to unite in a formal relationship