Scrabble word: ALLOY
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALLOY exist?
Definitions of ALLOY in dictionaries:
- noun - a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
- noun - the state of impairing the quality or reducing the value of something
- verb - lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- verb - make an alloy of
- A homogeneous mixture or solid solution of two or more metals, the atoms of one replacing or occupying interstitial positions between the atoms of the other: Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc.
- A mixture; an amalgam: “Television news has... always been an alloy of journalism and show business” (Bill Moyers).
- The relative degree of mixture with a base metal; fineness.
- Something added that lowers value or purity.
- To combine (metals) to form an alloy.
- To combine; mix: idealism that was alloyed with political skill.
- To debase by the addition of an inferior element.
- verb - to combine to form an alloy (a homogenous mixture of metals)