Scrabble word: TALLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does TALLY exist?
Definitions of TALLY in dictionaries:
- noun - a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely
- noun - a bill for an amount due
- noun - the act of counting
- verb - be compatible, similar or consistent
- verb - gain points in a game
- verb - keep score, as in games
- verb - determine the sum of
- A reckoning or score.
- A stick on which notches are made to keep a count or score.
- A stick on which notches were formerly made to keep a record of amounts paid or owed.
- A mark used in recording a number of acts or objects, most often in series of five, consisting of four vertical lines canceled diagonally or horizontally by a fifth line.
- A label, ticket, or piece of metal or wood used for identification or classification, especially in gardens and greenhouses.
- Something that is very similar or corresponds to something else; a double or counterpart.
- A metal plate attached to a ship’s machinery and bearing instructions for its use.
- To reckon or count.
- To record by making a mark.
- To label, as with a ticket, for identification or classification.
- To cause to correspond or agree.
- To be alike; correspond or agree: The report tallies with your description of the accident.
- To keep score.
- verb - to list or mention the units of one by one to ascertain the total