Scrabble word: SALLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SALLY exist?
Definitions of SALLY in dictionaries:
- noun - witty remark
- noun - a military action in which besieged troops burst forth from their position
- noun - a venture off the beaten path
- To rush out or leap forth suddenly.
- To issue suddenly from a defensive or besieged position to attack an enemy.
- To set out on a trip or an excursion: sallied forth to see the world.
- A sudden rush forward; a leap.
- An assault from a defensive position; a sortie.
- A sudden emergence into action or expression; an outburst.
- A sudden quick witticism; a quip.
- A venturing forth; a jaunt.
- verb - to rush out suddenly