Scrabble word: SAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAY exist?
Definitions of SAY in dictionaries:
- noun - the chance to speak
- verb - express in words
- verb - report or maintain
- verb - express a supposition
- verb - have or contain a certain wording or form
- verb - give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- verb - speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
- verb - communicate or express nonverbally
- verb - utter aloud
- verb - state as one's opinion or judgement
- verb - recite or repeat a fixed text
- verb - indicate
- To utter aloud; pronounce: The children said, “Good morning.
- To express in words: Say what’s on your mind.
- To state as one’s opinion or judgment; declare: I say let’s eat out.
- To state as a determination of fact: It’s hard to say who is right in this matter.
- To repeat or recite: said grace.
- To report or maintain; allege.
- To indicate; show: The clock says half past two.
- To give nonverbal expression to; signify or embody: It was an act that said “devotion.
- To make a statement; express oneself: The story must be true because the teacher said so.
- A turn or chance to speak: Having had my say, I sat down.
- The right or power to influence or make a decision: Citizens have a say in the councils of government.
- Something said; a statement.
- Approximately: There were, say, 500 people present.
- Used to express surprise or appeal for someone’s attention.
- Used to express strong agreement with what has just been said.
- verb - to give audible expression to