Scrabble word: STAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAY exist?
Definitions of STAY in dictionaries:
- noun - continuing or remaining in a place or state
- noun - the state of inactivity following an interruption
- noun - a judicial order forbidding some action until an event occurs or the order is lifted
- noun - a thin strip of metal or bone that is used to stiffen a garment (e.g. a corset)
- noun - (nautical) brace consisting of a heavy rope or wire cable used as a support for a mast or spar
- verb - stay the same
- verb - stay put (in a certain place)
- verb - dwell
- verb - continue in a place, position, or situation
- verb - remain behind
- verb - stop or halt
- verb - stay behind
- verb - hang on during a trial of endurance
- verb - stop a judicial process
- verb - fasten with stays
- verb - overcome or allay
- To continue to be in a place or condition: stay home; stay calm.
- To remain or sojourn as a guest or lodger: stayed at a motel.
- To stop moving; halt.
- To wait; pause.
- To endure or persist: stayed with the original plan.
- To keep up in a race or contest: tried to stay with the lead runner.
- To meet a bet in poker without raising it.
- To stand one’s ground; remain firm.
- To cease from a specified activity.
- To stop or halt; check.
- To postpone; delay.
- To delay or stop the effect of (an order, for example) by legal action or mandate: stay a prisoner’s execution.
- To satisfy or appease temporarily: stayed his anger.
- To remain during: stayed the week with my parents; stayed the duration of the game.
- To wait for; await: “I will not stay thy questions.
- The act of halting; check.
- The act of coming to a halt.
- A brief period of residence or visiting.
- These verbs mean to continue to be in a given place.
- To brace, support, or prop up.
- To strengthen or sustain mentally or spiritually.
- To rest or fix on for support.
- A support or brace.
- A strip of bone, plastic, or metal, used to stiffen a garment or part, such as a corset or shirt collar.
- A heavy rope or cable, usually of wire, used as a brace or support for a mast or spar.
- To put (a ship) on the opposite tack or to come about.
- verb - to continue in a place or condition
There are 4 letters in STAY: A S T Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STAY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STAY plus a wildcard: STAY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STAY
Images for STAY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.