Scrabble word: GRAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRAY exist?
Definitions of GRAY in dictionaries:
- noun - a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- noun - clothing that is a grey color
- noun - any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
- noun - horse of a light gray or whitish color
- noun - the SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation
- noun - English radiobiologist in whose honor the gray (the SI unit of energy for the absorbed dose of radiation) was named (1905-1965)
- noun - English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
- noun - American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
- noun - United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
- verb - make grey
- verb - turn grey
- adj - of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
- adj - showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
- adj - used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
- adj - intermediate in character or position
- Of or relating to an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
- Dull or dark: a gray, rainy afternoon.
- Lacking in cheer; gloomy: a gray mood.
- Having gray hair; hoary.
- Old or venerable.
- Intermediate in character or position, as with regard to a subjective matter: the gray area between their differing opinions on the film’s morality.
- An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
- An object or animal of the color gray.
- Often Gray.
- A member of the Confederate Army in the Civil War.
- The Confederate Army.
- adj - of a color between white and black