Scrabble word: BATTERY
In which Scrabble dictionary does BATTERY exist?
Definitions of BATTERY in dictionaries:
- noun - group of guns or missile launchers operated together at one place
- noun - a device that produces electricity
- noun - a collection of related things intended for use together
- noun - a unit composed of the pitcher and catcher
- noun - a series of stamps operated in one mortar for crushing ores
- noun - the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target
- noun - an assault in which the assailant makes physical contact
- The act of beating or pounding.
- The unlawful and unwanted touching or striking of one person by another, with the intention of bringing about a harmful or offensive contact.
- An emplacement for one or more pieces of artillery.
- A set of guns or other heavy artillery, on a warship, for example.
- An array of similar things intended for use together: took a battery of achievement tests.
- An impressive body or group: a battery of political supporters.
- The pitcher and catcher.
- The percussion section of an orchestra.
- Two or more connected cells that produce a direct current by converting chemical energy to electrical energy.
- A single cell, such as a dry cell, that produces an electric current.
- noun - a device for generating an electric current