Scrabble word: BY
Is BY valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of BY in dictionaries:
- adv - so as to pass a given point
- adv - in reserve
- Close to; next to: the window by the door.
- With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
- Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
- In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
- Not later than: by 5:30 P.
- In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
- To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
- According to: played by the rules.
- With respect to: siblings by blood.
- In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
- Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
- Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left.
- Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
- Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
- Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by southeast.
- On hand; nearby: Stand by.
- Aside; away: We put it by for later.
- Up to, alongside, and past: The car raced by.
- Into the past: as years go by.
- noun - a pass in certain card games
There are 2 letters in BY: B Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BY
Click to search all anagrams of BY plus a wildcard: BY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BY
2 letter words
Images for BY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.