Scrabble word: BY
In which Scrabble dictionary does BY exist?
Definitions of BY in dictionaries:
- adv - so as to pass a given point
- adv - in reserve
- Close to; next to: the window by the door.
- With the use or help of; through: We came by the back road.
- Up to and beyond; past: We drove by the house.
- In the period of; during: sleeping by day.
- Not later than: by 5:30 P.
- In the amount of: letters by the thousands.
- To the extent of: shorter by two inches.
- According to: played by the rules.
- With respect to: siblings by blood.
- In the name of: swore by the Bible to tell the truth.
- Through the agency or action of: was killed by a bullet.
- Used to indicate a succession of specified individuals, groups, or quantities: One by one they left.
- Used in multiplication and division: Multiply 4 by 6 to get 24.
- Used with measurements: a room 12 by 18 feet.
- Used to express direction with points of the compass: south by southeast.
- On hand; nearby: Stand by.
- Aside; away: We put it by for later.
- Up to, alongside, and past: The car raced by.
- Into the past: as years go by.
- noun - a pass in certain card games