Scrabble word: BUY
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUY exist?
Definitions of BUY in dictionaries:
- noun - an advantageous purchase
- verb - obtain by purchase
- verb - make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- verb - be worth or be capable of buying
- verb - acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange
- verb - accept as true
- To acquire in exchange for money or its equivalent; purchase.
- To be capable of purchasing: “Certainly there are lots of things in life that money won’t buy” (Ogden Nash).
- To acquire by sacrifice, exchange, or trade: wanted to buy love with gifts.
- To bribe: tried to buy a judge.
- To accept the truth or feasibility of: The officer didn’t buy my lame excuse for speeding.
- To purchase goods; act as a purchaser.
- To believe in a person or movement or subscribe to an idea or theory: couldn’t buy into that brand of conservatism.
- Something bought or for sale; a purchase.
- Something that is underpriced; a bargain.
- verb - to acquire by the payment of money