Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does BAY exist?
Definitions of BAY in dictionaries:
- noun - an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
- noun - the sound of a hound on the scent
- noun - small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking
- noun - a compartment on a ship between decks
- noun - a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose
- noun - a small recess opening off a larger room
- noun - a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
- verb - utter in deep prolonged tones
- verb - bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- adj - (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
- A body of water partially enclosed by land but with a wide mouth, affording access to the sea: the Bay of Biscay.
- An area of land, such as an arm of prairie partially enclosed by woodland, that resembles in shape or formation a partially enclosed body of water.
- Often used as an attributive: bay flounder; bay scallops.
- A part of a building marked off by vertical elements, such as columns or pilasters: an arcade divided into ten bays.
- A bay window.
- An opening or recess in a wall.
- A section or compartment, as in a service station, barn, or aircraft, that is set off for a specific purpose: a cargo bay; an engine bay.
- A sickbay.
- A reddish brown.
- A reddish-brown animal, especially a horse having a black mane and tail.
- A deep, prolonged bark, such as the sound made by hounds.
- The position of one cornered by pursuers and forced to turn and fight at close quarters: The hunters brought their quarry to bay.
- To utter a deep, prolonged bark.
- To pursue or challenge with barking: “I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon” (Shakespeare).
- To express by barking or howling: a mob baying its fury.
- To bring to bay: “too big for the dogs which tried to bay it” (William Faulkner).
- See <A href="AHD3_L.
- Any of certain other trees or shrubs with aromatic foliage, such as the California laurel.
- A crown or wreath made especially of the leaves and branches of the laurel and given as a sign of honor or victory.
- Often bays.
- v - to cry like a dog
There are 3 letters in BAY: A B Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BAY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BAY plus a wildcard: BAY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BAY
Images for BAY
- Picture of Hanauma bay from a remot cliff
- Tasmania Wineglass bay
- Anaura bay Gisborne New Zealand picture Anaura bay Gisborne New ...
- Hanauma bay Oahu Hawaii - Canada Photography Desktop Wallpapers ( 8297 ...
- Lake Tahoe Emerald bay
- Near water-level view of Hanalei bay
- Monterey bay is part of the Monterey bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Full resolution (1280 960 pixels file size 582 KB MIME type ...
- BestandAsia Cruise Junk in Halong bay.JPG - Wikipedia
- Tags Jeffreys bay South Africa surfing
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.