Scrabble word: AGAINST
In which Scrabble dictionary does AGAINST exist?
Definitions of AGAINST in dictionaries:
- In a direction or course opposite to: row against the current.
- So as to come into forcible contact with: waves dashing against the shore.
- In contact with so as to rest or press on: leaned against the tree.
- In hostile opposition or resistance to: struggle against fate.
- Contrary to; opposed to: against my better judgment.
- In contrast or comparison with the setting or background of: dark colors against a fair skin.
- In preparation for; in anticipation of: food stored against winter.
- As a defense or safeguard from: protection against the cold.
- To the account or debt of: drew a check against my bank balance.
- Directly opposite to; facing.
- prep - in opposition to