Scrabble word: SIGN
In which Scrabble dictionary does SIGN exist?
Definitions of SIGN in dictionaries:
- noun - a perceptible indication of something not immediately apparent (as a visible clue that something has happened)
- noun - a public display of a message
- noun - any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
- noun - structure displaying a board on which advertisements can be posted
- noun - (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
- noun - (medicine) any objective evidence of the presence of a disorder or disease
- noun - having an indicated pole (as the distinction between positive and negative electric charges)
- noun - an event that is experienced as indicating important things to come
- noun - a gesture that is part of a sign language
- noun - a fundamental linguistic unit linking a signifier to that which is signified
- noun - a character indicating a relation between quantities
- verb - mark with one's signature
- verb - approve and express assent, responsibility, or obligation
- verb - be engaged by a written agreement
- verb - engage by written agreement
- verb - communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs
- verb - place signs, as along a road
- verb - communicate in sign language
- verb - make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection
- adj - used of the language of the deaf
- Something that suggests the presence or existence of a fact, condition, or quality.
- An act or a gesture used to convey an idea, a desire, information, or a command: gave the go-ahead sign.
- Sign language.
- A displayed structure bearing lettering or symbols, used to identify or advertise a place of business: a motel with a flashing neon sign outside.
- A posted notice bearing a designation, direction, or command: an EXIT sign above a door; a traffic sign.
- A conventional figure or device that stands for a word, a phrase, or an operation; a symbol, as in mathematics or in musical notation.
- A trace or vestige: no sign of life.
- A portentous incident or event; a presage: took the eclipse as a sign from God.
- A body manifestation that serves to indicate the presence of malfunction or disease.
- One of the 12 divisions of the zodiac, each named for a constellation and represented by a symbol.
- To affix one’s signature to.
- To write (one’s signature).
- To approve or ratify (a document) by affixing a signature, seal, or other mark: sign a bill into law.
- To hire or engage by obtaining a signature on a contract: signed a rookie pitcher for next season; sign up actors for a tour.
- To relinquish or transfer title to by signature: signed away all her claims to the estate.
- To provide with a sign or signs: sign a new highway.
- To communicate with a sign or by sign language: signed his approval; sign instructions to a hearing-impaired teammate.
- To consecrate with the sign of the cross.
- To make a sign or signs; signal.
- To use sign language.
- To write one’s signature.
- To announce the end of a communication; conclude.
- To stop transmission after identifying the broadcasting station.
- To express approval formally or conclusively: got the Congress to sign off on the tax proposal.
- To enlist oneself, especially as an employee: “Retired politicians often sign on with top-dollar law firms” (New York Times).
- These nouns are compared as they denote an outward indication of the existence or presence of something not immediately evident.
- verb - to write one's name on
There are 4 letters in SIGN: G I N S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SIGN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SIGN plus a wildcard: SIGN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SIGN
Images for SIGN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.