Scrabble word: SWING
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWING exist?
Definitions of SWING in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of steady vigorous action that is characteristic of an activity
- noun - mechanical device used as a plaything to support someone swinging back and forth
- noun - a sweeping blow or stroke
- noun - changing location by moving back and forth
- noun - a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s
- noun - a jaunty rhythm in music
- noun - the act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually) hitting it
- noun - in baseball
- noun - a square dance figure
- verb - move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting
- verb - move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner
- verb - change direction with a swinging motion
- verb - influence decisively
- verb - make a big sweeping gesture or movement
- verb - hang freely
- verb - hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement
- verb - alternate dramatically between high and low values
- verb - live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style
- verb - have a certain musical rhythm
- verb - be a social swinger
- verb - play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm
- verb - engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends
- To move back and forth suspended or as if suspended from above.
- To hit at something with a sweeping motion of the arm: swung at the ball.
- To move laterally or in a curve: The car swung over to the curb.
- To turn in place on or as if on a hinge or pivot.
- To move along with an easy, swaying gait: swinging down the road.
- To propel oneself from one place or position to another by grasping a fixed support: swinging through the trees.
- To ride on a swing.
- To shift from one attitude, interest, condition, or emotion to another; vacillate.
- To be put to death by hanging.
- To have a subtle, intuitively felt rhythm or sense of rhythm.
- To play with a subtle, intuitively felt sense of rhythm.
- To be lively, trendy, and exciting.
- To engage freely in promiscuous sex.
- To exchange sex partners.
- To cause to move back and forth, as on a swing.
- To cause to move in a broad arc or curve: swing a bat; swung the car over.
- To cause to move with a sweeping motion: swinging his arms.
- To lift and convey with a sweeping motion: swung the cargo onto the deck.
- To suspend so as to sway or turn freely: swung a hammock between two trees.
- To suspend on hinges: swing a shutter.
- To cause to turn on hinges: swung the door shut.
- To cause to shift from one attitude, position, opinion, or condition to another.
- To manage or arrange successfully: swing a deal.
- To bring around to the desired result: swing an election.
- To play (music) with a subtle, intuitively felt sense of rhythm.
- The act or an instance of swinging; movement back and forth or in one particular direction.
- The sweep or scope of something that swings: The pendulum’s swing is 12 inches.
- A blow or stroke executed with a sweeping motion of the arm.
- The manner in which one swings something, such as a bat or golf club.
- A shift from one attitude, position, or condition to another: a swing to conservatism.
- Freedom of action: The children have free swing in deciding what color to paint their room.
- A swaying, graceful motion: has a swing to her walk.
- A sweep back and forth: the swing of a bird across the sky.
- A course or tour that returns to the starting point: a swing across the state while campaigning.
- A seat suspended from above, as by ropes, on which one can ride back and forth for recreation.
- The normal rhythm of life or pace of activities: back in the swing.
- A steady, vigorous rhythm or movement, as in verse.
- A regular movement up or down, as in stock prices.
- A type of popular dance music developed about 1935 and based on jazz but employing a larger band and simpler harmonic and rhythmic patterns.
- A ballroom dance performed to this music.
- A subtle, intuitively felt rhythmic quality or sense of rhythm.
- Relating to or performing swing: a swing band.
- Determining an outcome; decisive: the swing vote.
- verb - to move freely back and forth
There are 5 letters in SWING: G I N S W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SWING
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SWING plus a wildcard: SWING?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SWING
Images for SWING
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.